CFCC Prize Package Contest (“Contest”) Official Contest Rules & Regulations (“Rules”)
Full Contest Rules
- No Purchase Necessary: No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up as a host at www.bigsocial.ca and who are nineteen (19) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Community Food Centres Canada (“CFCC”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You” or “Your”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of CFCC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Draws: Entries will be accepted online via www.bigsocial.ca starting on September 23, 2019, at 12:00 p.m. ET for the three (3) available draws as shown on the website. Final entries will be accepted until the following: Draw #1: Raise a minimum of $100 online through their event/fundraising page by October 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Daw #2: A chance to win one of five $100 PC gift cards (each, a “Gift Card”) when participants raise a minimum of $500 online through their event/fundraising page by November 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Draw #3: A chance to win a 7-day Costa Rica getaway when participants raise a minimum of $1,000 online through their event/fundraising page by November 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- How to Enter: Participation in the Contest is automatic upon registering to host The Big Social event and fundraising for that event through www.bigsocial.ca. Participants must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Participants who do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of CFCC. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, Your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of CFCC.
- Prizes: The Winners of the Contest (the “Winners”) will receive the following prizes. Actual/appraised value of the prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by CFCC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at CFCC’s discretion. The prizes are non-transferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by any Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for CFCC to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. There are three (3) opportunities to win any of the following prizes provided You meet the requirements for eligibility:
1. A chance to win one of three prizes courtesy of The Hudson Bay Company when participants raise a minimum of $100 online through their event/fundraising page by October 15, 2019. The prizes are:
a. One (1) Conair Ceramic Flat Iron (value: $110) and one (1) Panasonic Beard Styler (value: $129.99)
b. One (1) Heys hard shell carry on luggage (value: $150)
c. One (1) Cole and Mason Salt & Pepper Mill set (value: $99.99).
The prizes will be shipped to the Winners at the addresses provided. CFCC will incur the cost of shipment. CFCC is not responsible for the condition of the prizes at the point of delivery/arrival. The draw will be conducted on October 22, 2019.
2. A chance to win one of five Gift Cards when participants raise a minimum of $500 online through their event/fundraising page by November 20, 2019 at 11:59 m. ET. The Gift Card can be redeemed at any Loblaw-branded store nationwide. The Gift Card will be shipped to each of the five Winners at the addresses provided. CFCC will incur the cost of shipment. CFCC is not responsible for the condition of the Gift Card at the point of delivery/arrival. The draw will be conducted on November 25, 2019.
3. A chance to win a 7-day Costa Rica getawaywhen participants raise a minimum of $1,000 online through their event/fundraising page by November 20, 2019 at 11:59 m. ET. The Winner and up to 11 other guests can stay at a newly-renovated home in Playa Guiones, Nosara located on Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula. Booking is subject to availability of flights and hotel accommodation, blackout periods (including Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, March Break, Spring Break, Thanksgiving and all Canadian and US Statutory Holidays), government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport and other transportation restrictions and regulations. Flight is only provided for the Winner and one (1) guest via Air Canada. The Winner is responsible for food and all other travel-related expenses. CFCC will confirm the dates and reserve accommodation and flight. CFCC is not liable for any incidents related to this trip beyond the reservations of accommodation and flight. Any fees incurred as a result of trip cancellation will be at the expense of the Winner. CFCC does not and will not provide any form of insurance for this package. The draw will be conducted on November 25, 2019.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by random electronic draws on the dates specified above. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) days following the draws. CFCC shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within two (2) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected by a random electronic draw. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CFCC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Media Consent: By entering this Contest, You grant CFCC, its affiliates, licensees, successors, assigns, and any person acting on behalf of CFCC the right, to make and take photographs, screen captures, sound recordings, and/or video recordings of You, Your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, any statements You make about the Contest in any medium, and Your biographical information (collectively, the “Recordings”), for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, fundraising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge that as between You and CFCC, CFCC owns all copyright in the Recordings, and You waive any and all moral and personality rights You have in the Recordings. You confirm that CFCC or anyone authorized by CFCC may without limitation, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, exhibit, edit, modify, distribute, dispose of, translate and use the Recordings, without any geographic restrictions, in any format or medium and without further compensation or notification to You. This includes, without limitation, the right to publish the Recordings in publications, brochures, PR/promotional materials such as advertisements, fundraising materials, on social media accounts and any other CFCC-related publications or content, and even commercially. You acknowledge that CFCC is not responsible for any unauthorized reproductions of the Recordings made by third parties. You further acknowledge that the Recordings may appear on the Internet or in publications outside of CFCC’s control. You hereby remise, release and forever discharge CFCC from any and all claims, demands and causes of action that You had, now have, and may hereafter have in any way related to the Recordings.
- Copyright: You represent and warrant that Your Contest entry is an original work conceived, developed, created and authored by You alone. As between CFCC and You, You own the copyright in Your Contest entry. By submitting Your Contest entry and entering this Contest, You hereby grant CFCC, its affiliates, licensees, successors, assigns, and any person acting on CFCC’s behalf a license to use Your Contest entry. The license is limited to using Your Contest entry for the purposes of this Contest in the news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, fundraising and for CFCC’s promotional purposes. This license is non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, assignable, and sub-licensable. Permitted uses of Your Contest entry under the license are not subject to any integrity or attribution rights, and include without limitation displaying, copying, publishing, translating, reproducing, performing, broadcasting, transmitting, sharing, distributing, editing, modifying, creating derivative works of, disposing of, and communicating publicly Your Contest entry in any medium or format and authorizing anyone to do any of the foregoing, even commercially. CFCC is not responsible for any unauthorized uses of Your Contest entry made by third parties. You release CFCC from all claims, demands and causes of action relating to Your Contest entry. You further represent and warrant that Your Contest entry does not violate any third party’s copyrights, moral rights, proprietary, intellectual property, or related rights (collectively, “IP Rights”). If Your Contest entry is found to infringe on or violate anyone else’s IP Rights, You and Your Contest entry will be disqualified from the Contest and Contest immediately and at CFCC’s sole discretion. If Your Contest entry infringes or claims to infringe any other party’s IP Rights, You agree to defend or settle against any and all such claims at Your sole expense. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CFCC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expenses, which CFCC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s IP Rights.
- Terms & Conditions: CFCC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond CFCC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, CFCC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by CFCC. CFCC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules. CFCC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, CFCC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations as between You and the Contest sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless CFCC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Ontario, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Community Food Centres Canada, 80 Ward St., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M6H 4A6. Requests must be received no later than December 5, 2019.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the Contest is Community Food Centres Canada, 80 Ward St., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M6H 4A6.
- Facebook: The Contest is hosted by Community Food Centres Canada, 80 Ward St., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M6H 4A6 is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.