The Big Social Prize Package Contest (“Contest”) Official Contest Rules & Regulations (“Rules”)
Full Contest Rules
1. No Purchase Necessary: No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to those who sign up as a host at www.bigsocial.ca and who are nineteen (19) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Community Food Centres Canada (“CFCC”), subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You” or “Your”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of CFCC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
4. Early Bird Draw: Entries will happen automatically for eligible participants upon registration via www.bigsocial.ca. Starting on July 27, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. ET to August 19 2021 11:59 p.m. ET eligible participants of The Big Social will be entered into the one (1) available draw to win one (1) of one (1) food basket valued at $150 as shown on Early Bird promotional emails to CFCC’s database from July 27, 2021 to August 13, 2021.
5. Launch Event Draw. Entries will happen automatically for eligible participants upon registration for the launch via www.bigsocial.ca. Starting on Aug 20, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Sept 13, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET eligible registrants of the Launch Event will be entered into the one (1) available draw to win one (1) of one (1) cooking tools gift pack valued at $150 as shown on email promotions to CFCC database from Aug, 16 2021 to Sept 13 2021.
6. How to Enter: Participation in the Early Bird Contest is automatic for eligible participants upon registering as a host for a The Big Social event via www.bigsocial.ca during the Early Bird period from July 27, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. ET to August 19 2021 11:59 p.m. ET. Participation in the Launch Event Contest is automatic for eligible registrants of the launch event through www.bigsocial.ca from Aug 20, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. ET to Sept 13, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET Participants must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Participants who do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of CFCC. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Any contestant’s entry may be disqualified or removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of CFCC.
7. Prizes: The Winners of the Contest (the “Winners”) will receive the following prizes. Actual/appraised value of the prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by CFCC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at CFCC’s discretion. The prizes are non-transferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by any Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for CFCC to use the Winners’ name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Incentives, awards, prizes, or rewards information is subject to change without notice. Each Winner must answer correctly, unaided and in a limited time a mathematical skill-testing question.
There are two (2) opportunities to win the following prizes provided participants meet the requirements for eligibility:
- One (1) Food Gift Basket valued at $150 when participants register for The Big Social on www.thebigsocial.ca during the Early Bird Period from July 27, 2021 at 12:00am ET to August 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- One (1) of one (1) Cooking Tools Kit valued at $150 when participants register for The Big Social Launch Event during the Launch Event period from Aug,16 2021 to Sept 13 2021.
- Products/prizes will be shipped by the supplier.
8. Incentives: The Fundraising Incentives program is not part of the Contest, and the Top Fundraisers may be selected from across Canada. Eligible participants in the Contest may also be eligible to receive an incentive item one of The Recipients of the Fundraising Incentives (the “Top Fundraisers”). The Top Fundraisers will receive the following incentive items (“Rewards”). Actual/appraised value of the Rewards may differ at time of receipt. The specifics of the Rewards shall be solely determined by CFCC. No cash or other Reward substitution shall be permitted except at CFCC’s discretion. The Rewards must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable. No substitution of the Rewards or transfer/assignment of rewards to others or request for the cash equivalent by any Top Fundraiser is permitted. Acceptance of Rewards constitutes permission for CFCC to use the Top Fundraiser’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Rewards information is subject to change without notice, and will be issued only while quantities last.
The Rewards are described as follows:
- Eligible participants who are among the first 50 to raise a minimum of $250 online through their event/fundraising page by Oct 31 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET, will be eligible to receive (1) of 50 reward items, [insert award description] each valued at $10.
- Eligible participants who are among the first 65 to raise a minimum of $500 online through their event/fundraising page by Oct 31 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET, will be eligible to receive (1) of 65 reward items, [insert award description] each valued at $20.
- Eligible participants who are among the first 25 to raise a minimum of $1000 online through their event/fundraising page by Oct 31 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET, will be eligible to receive (1) of 65 reward items, [insert award description] each valued at $30.
- Rewards will be shipped by the supplier.
9. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
10. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by random electronic draws on the dates specified above. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) days following the draws. CFCC shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within two (2) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected by a random electronic draw. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CFCC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
11. Media Consent: By entering this Contest, You grant CFCC, its affiliates, licensees, successors, assigns, and any person acting on behalf of CFCC the right, to make and take photographs, screen captures, sound recordings, and/or video recordings of You, Your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, any statements You make about the Contest in any medium, and Your biographical information (collectively, the “Recordings”), for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, fundraising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge that as between You and CFCC, CFCC owns all copyright in the Recordings, and You waive any and all moral and personality rights You have in the Recordings. You confirm that CFCC or anyone authorized by CFCC may without limitation, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, exhibit, edit, modify, distribute, dispose of, translate and use the Recordings, without any geographic restrictions, in any format or medium and without further compensation or notification to You. This includes, without limitation, the right to publish the Recordings in publications, brochures, PR/promotional materials such as advertisements, fundraising materials, on social media accounts and any other CFCC-related publications or content, and even commercially. You acknowledge that CFCC is not responsible for any unauthorized reproductions of the Recordings made by third parties. You further acknowledge that the Recordings may appear on the Internet or in publications outside of CFCC’s control. You hereby remise, release and forever discharge CFCC from any and all claims, demands and causes of action that You had, now have, and may hereafter have in any way related to the Recordings.
12. Copyright: By submitting Your Contest entry and entering this Contest, You hereby grant CFCC, its affiliates, licensees, successors, assigns, and any person acting on CFCC’s behalf a license to use Your Contest entry. The license is limited to using Your Contest entry for the purposes of this Contest in the news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, fundraising and for CFCC’s promotional purposes.
13. Terms & Conditions: CFCC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond CFCC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, CFCC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by CFCC. CFCC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules. CFCC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, CFCC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Limitation of Liability: By entering, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless CFCC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
15. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Ontario, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
17. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Community Food Centres Canada, 80 Ward St., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M6H 4A6. Requests must be received no later than December 5, 2020.
18. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Contest is Community Food Centres Canada, 80 Ward St., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M6H 4A6.
19. Facebook: The Contest is hosted by Community Food Centres Canada, 80 Ward St., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M6H 4A6 is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.